6th Annual Sustainable SM Student Poster Contest
The 6th annual Sustainable Santa Monica Student Poster Contest will raise awareness about Santa Monica's Water Self-sufficiency Plan & educate the community about water conservation.
Rules and Guidelines
- Open to all K-12 students who live or attend school in Santa Monica
- Only original artwork will be accepted
- Only one poster submission per student
- Students may work in 2 person teams but the prize will be shared.
- Posters must be hand drawn on white paper, bright colors are recommended but you may use anything to draw with except pastel chalk.
- High School (grade 9-12) students may submit posters created in Adobe
Illustrator, inDesign, Photoshop or any other comparable design software.
- Poster dimensions MUST be 11"x17" (landscape/horizontal)
- Include your Name, School, Grade, Mailing Address, Phone Number, and Email on the back of your submission
- All entries will become property of the City of Santa Monica, which will hold publication rights for the winning entries. Entries may not be returned
The Selection Committee will determine a series of winning enteries in (4) categories:
K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12, including (1) Grand Prize winner from each category. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity of idea & artistic expression as they demonstrate the themes of this year's contest.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Submissions may be dropped off at:
Attn: Gina Garcia
1744 Pearl Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Schools or teachers collecting multiple entries may schedule a pick-up by emailing
*Please include "Poster Pick-Up" in th subject line