Bring the Whole Family Including the Family Pet.
When it comes to local getaways, there's simply no better luxe hotel to celebrate a special occasion than the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows. While it's right here at the epicenter of Santa Monica (near the pier and the beach), once you step inside, the five expansive acres personify the term "Serenity Now"!.
The Fairmont Miramar is truly an incredible historic property chronicling memoirs of the rich & famous while offering loads of amenities. The 297-room hotel strikes an amazing balance of modern and art deco, and the celebrated 31 private garden Bungalows are essentially mini private residences. They're modern and cozy, with multiple balconies and outdoor spaces, many with awesome views of the Pacific Ocean. Our family recently stayed in Bungalow 8 to celebrate our daughter's birthday, and we brought along our dog too! It was a "Staycation Celebration"!
Whether you're local, like us, or coming from afar to visit California's golden sand beaches, staying at this prime Santa Monica location is such a great escape. It's a "staycation location" in the truest sense; visiting the Bluff Trail park, watching the sunset with signature gin & tonics in hand and taking time to enjoy the typical locality is the essence of a hometown retreat.
Why you benefit from staying local in 2021
* A break from the usual routine and a chance to enjoy something new
* Already familiar with the area, weather, goods & services in the neighborhood
* Eliminate stress and hassle of planning, coordinating, negotiating, timing
less stressful and family-friendly, less unpacking for TSA, less loading/unloading tons of stuff from multiple transportation vehicles and less long hours traveling
* Saves money, eliminates flight and transport costs, no hidden fees
* Physical proximity to work, home, friends, babysitters (on a just-in-case basis)
* COVID-19 & social distance concerns
Why choose The Fairmont Miramar? Growing up in LA, you just know all the best places! The iconic lounge-in-a-cottage by the sea hotspot a.k.a., The Bungalow, has always been a favorite of locals, offering yummy Bites by Fig and some stunning sunset views. We've always loved spending summer afternoons here. We've also attended most of their annual events; including the one where we adopted our current dog.
If you frequent the local scene in Santa Monica, you probably have many evocative and meaningful memories of this hotel and of course, because it's a dog-friendly establishment, you're welcome to bring your family's fur-ever friend too!
Your staycation may be comprised of relaxing, working, and/or going to virtual school, but don't worry! It's so calming to walk around the grounds for a quick break or relax in the sunshine on one of the balconies of your hotel room or bungalow. When all your work is done for the day, it's time for the good times begin. Dine on all your favorite foods, swim in the heated pool, go bike riding and take walks on the beach, go shopping nearby, take bubble baths in the giant bathtubs, and watch movies on one of the big flat-screened TV's at night.
This is a chance to escape all those everyday to-do's that pop-up at your house, like an overloaded laundry basket or the constant need to check your work emails. A staycation at a hotel gives you the illusion of actually being on vacation without all the hassle, planning, and stress!
Amenities: The Fairmont Miramar has so many incredible amenities to enjoy during your stay
* Exhale Spa offers appointments for mani/pedis, massage, and facials. They also offer yoga, fitness classes indoors and out, and a personal trainer is available if needed.
* Need a bathing suit? No problem! The Vilebrequin boutique will have you diving into some unique patterns with matching swimsuits for father/son or mother/daughter.
* Get your hair styled at either Lloyd's Barbershop or the Glam+Go.
* You can reserve a golf club fitting at the Miramar Golf Academy for a Taylor Made SIM Driver or SIM-IN-A-BOX.
* Atelier Edward Avedis is onsite to oogle custom jewelry.
* Should you need a car for the afternoon, you'll be able to travel in style in one of the BMW 7-Series sedans or BMW-X7's available.
* The Miramar Beach Club and The Bungalow Club are family and local favorites of the hotel!
Dining Options: The hotel offers both casual and intimate dining options.
* Dogtown Coffee offers a tasty selection of Grab-n-Go items.
* Fig Restaurant is currently open for takeout only. Starting Thursday Feb. 11th, Fig will offer outdoor seating once again, offering its fresh seasonal cuisine, all organic and locally sourced from either the farmers market or nearby ranches and fishermen.
* The Lobby Lounge is warm and inviting with a new decor of jade velvet seating, sparkling brass gold tones, cool marble, and soft hues of cream and wood. It opens out onto a gardened terrace with palm trees, a burbly waterfall and tranquil koi pond. Heat lamps and fire pits warmed us up in the evening. Try the new Gin & Tonic Bar too!
* Favorite Foods: The Grilled Salmon is delicious as are the Wagyu Beef Tartare and the Oysters, Pizza, and Burgers. I would definitely recommend trying the Fried Chicken Bucket if you're with a couple people. (It's a 10-piece bucket of Tandoori marinated - served with waffle fries and habanero honey; crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and oh-so-good).
* Santa Monica also has so many amazing food specialty shops & restaurants to choose from, all within walking distance or order take-out from a delivery service.
The Hotel & Bungalows: The Bungalows have been around since the 1930's and have quite a history filled with Hollywood glamour. Greta Garbo and Marilyn Monroe called them home, while Jean Harlow and Betty Grable were frequent visitors. The Bungalows are still currently the favorite stopovers for many famous people today. Bungalow 8 is a bi-level private mini cottage with a living/dining area; French doors lead out onto a private, garden patio. The upstairs master bedroom with king size bed and a beautiful bathroom featuring a sunken tub are surrounded by two huge balconies. Downstairs is a second bedroom and two other massive bathrooms. Enough space for the whole family.
Pet Friendly Hotel: The Fairmont Miramar will spoil your fur-ever friend (dogs and cats) with all the five-star luxuries your beloved pet deserves, including:
* Luscious Liver all-natural dog treats
* Fluffy dog bed by Molly Mutt for use during the stay
* Food and Water bowls
* Plush dog toys for in-room play
* Chef-prepared breakfast for your dog
There is no extra charge for bringing along your furry member of the family, just let them know so they can spoil your pet too!
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows support the importance of COVID-19 safety and all of their protocols were very impressive. You'll feel well taken care of by a friendly staff attentive to your every need. The professionalism and level of diligence displayed by the staff, especially regarding wellness measures, while simultaneously exuding a relaxed environment, was five star; the service was exceptional.
Our family thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer and we hope you'll get to spend some quality time there soon. Not once during our time at the Fairmont Miramar did we have to worry about anything. Enjoying our staycation and celebrating our daughter's birthday with the family dog in tow was simple, yet incredibly luxurious. The Fairmont Miramar goes above and beyond for all of their guests, even the four-legged ones, in making sure your family has the most fabulous time.
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalow is at 101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 and reservations can be made online or by calling (310) 576-7777. Balloon Celebrations is in Santa Monica.
My family and I had the pleasure of staying as guests of The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows and we were treated wonderfully by the entire hotel and staff. The unbelievable balloon bouquet was provided by Balloon Celebrations on Montana Ave. in Santa Monica. All opinions are my own.
Chanin Victor, the Travel and Lifestyle Editor at the Santa Monica Observer, presents her column "Travel Trends" bi-weekly in the print edition, offering readers a glimpse into the ever-evolving world of travel. Become a Subscriber Today! Beyond her role at the Observer, Chanin is a versatile freelance travel journalist, crafting engaging narratives that transport readers to intriguing destinations. In her 9-5 role, she serves as a creative director, dedicating her expertise to promoting tourism destinations across Southern California, blending her passion for storytelling with her professional pursuits. Based in Los Angeles with her family, Chanin seizes every opportunity to embark on new adventures. Discover her travels and insights at chaninvictor.com - PLUS - if you're interested in Chanin's family-friendly travel stories, inspiration and travel tips, look HERE: https://chaninvictor.com/travel-trends/ at the Santa Monica Observer!