California Strawberry Commission and Actress Christina Milian bring Everything Strawberry to Santa Monica
Comedians Willie Macc, Jimmy Shin, Danny Plom, actresses Serah Henesey, Margo Graff and Eugenia Kuzmina, influencers Shaka Smith and Hari Tahov and Billboard artist El-Jay were also in attendance.
June 15, 2022
The California Strawberry Commission hosted an exclusive "Million Ways to Love Strawberries" event at the Santa Monica Proper Hotel to celebrate peak strawberry season, the unique versatility and love consumers have for the vibrant, healthy berry, and the extraordinary people who grow them.
California strawberry farmers Neil Nagata and Mayra Paniagua represented the hundreds of strawberry farmers who grow nearly 90 percent of the nation's strawberries on less than 1 percent of the Golden State's farmland. Many are second-and third-generation farmers with a long history of demonstrating love and care for the land and the people who grow and harvest the fruit, and for the communities wherethey live. Without farmers and farm workers, it would be impossible to get strawberries to grocery stores across the world.
Celebrity actress, singer, entrepreneur and mom of three, Christina Milianwas in attendance to celebrate all things strawberries and share a special strawberry version of her beignets from Beignet Box. Other notable food and nutrition influencerswere there to serve guests their fabulous strawberry creations, including:
● Celebrity Chef Arnold Myint, from "Top Chef" and Food Network Star Season 11 prepared two savory strawberry dishes - Thai Son-in-Law Eggs with Strawberry Tamarind Sauce and Strawberry Scallop Ceviche.
● Matthew Biacniello, author of Eat Your Drink, prepared threeunique strawberry cocktails in celebration of strawberries, including the Last Tango in Modena, Strawberry Bubbly Mary, and Strawberry Tequila with Surinam Cherries and Shiso.
● Dani Flowers, creator of the first Cake Bar in the world, and social media influencer, shared and demonstrated her mini Strawberry Lunchbox Cakesfilled with strawberries.
● Cecilia Cid, 12 year-old tamale chef and her Abuela, prepared their family strawberry tamale recipe.
● Mascha Davis, registered dietitian and influencer, shared her strawberry, beetroot, and turmeric wellness elixir while highlighting the health benefits of strawberries.
● Donna Colucci, licensed aesthetician and founder of Bella Donna Skin Studio in LA showcased the benefits of strawberries in beauty products through strawberry-infused facial concoctions.
● Aspacia Kusulas, graphic designer, calligraphy and letterpress printer created love letters for event guests with a special strawberry ink.
"We are excited to host this event and shine a spotlight on the love that consumers have for strawberries," said Chris Christian, Senior Vice President, California Strawberry Commission. "Having our growers here to share their family farming stories and their passion for growing this healthy, sweet and versatile berry makes it extra special."
Comedians Willie Macc, Jimmy Shin, Danny Plom, actresses Serah Henesey, Margo Graff and Eugenia Kuzmina, influencers Shaka Smithand Hari Tahov and Billboard artist El-Jay were also in attendance.
For more information on California Strawberries, please visit http://www.californiastrawberries.com