Santa Monica Observer - Community, Diversity, Sustainability and other Overused Words

Cause of Death? Speculation Mounts that Tom Petty Died of Fentanyl Poisoning.

Rocker's Cardiac Arrest has never been adequately explained.


October 3, 2017

Why are they being so cagey about Tom Petty's death? "Cardiac Arrest" happens to everyone who dies. It just means the heart stops beating. Was it Fentanyl?

Fentanyl, also known as fentanil, is an opioid pain medication with a rapid onset and short duration of action. It also has a high risk of addiction and death. Did the same pain killer that took Prince Rogers Nelson and others from us, also take Tom Petty from us?

The Petty Camp have released very little information. Their public statement is merely that he went into "Cardiac Arrest." Everyone who dies, goes into cardiac arrest.

We know that Petty gave a concert at the Hollywood bowl last week, so it appears the 66 year old was in good health. Attendees said it was a great concert.

Petty was found not breathing at his Malibu home. His pulse was restored, but he never regained consciousness. He died at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center Monday evening at 8:40 pm, October 2, 2017.

Mysteriously, the LAPD at first informed CBS News that the singer had died. Prematurely, it turns out. Then they issued a statement that the LAPD was not investigating the singer's death, so they had no information. Got it? Makes you think. Hmm.

Tom's fans have a right to know the true story. If the hunches of many on social media are correct, it will serve as a reminder to young people to avoid the dangers of drug addiction.

8/22/2016: Some of the pills taken from Prince's estate in Paisley Park after his death were counterfeit drugs that actually contained fentanyl - a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin, an official close to the investigation said.

The official, who spoke to the Associated Press on Sunday on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, said nearly two dozen pills found in one Aleve bottle were falsely labeled as "Watson 385." According to, that stamp is used to identify pills containing a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, but the official said at least one of the pills tested positive for fentanyl.

Autopsy results released in June show Prince died April 21 of an accidental fentanyl overdose. The official who spoke to the AP said records show the 57-year-old musician had no prescription for any controlled substances in the state of Minnesota in the 12 months before he died.


Reader Comments(1)

JeffreyS821 writes:

STOP spreading this baseless speculation with ZERO sourcing whatsoever. It's disgusting. Lemme guess, you're also in with the Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were about to expose a pedophile ring thing. Pathetic.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020