Who is Claire Boucher aka Grimes, Elon Musk's Latest Special Lady Friend?
30 year old Canadian Musician is an intellectual match for a man called our Leonardo da Vinci
May 7, 2018
Grimes and Elon Musk made their relationship debut at the 2018 Met Gala on May 7th. So we know he likes brainy chicks, and that she dresses Goth, and likes geeks. But who is Claire Boucher aka Grimes?
1. The woman who's real name is Claire Boucher, came to Musk's attention for a tweet about a character who named "Rococo Basilisk" for a video of her song "Flesh Without Blood." "I don't know if you've heard of Roko's Basilisk," she told Fuse. "[This character] is doomed to be eternally tortured by an artificial intelligence, but she's also kind of like Marie Antoinette." This about 3 years ago. Musk apparently discovered the tweet while looking to send his own version of the same joke, and had to meet the muse.
2. Boucher has a step-brother who raps under the name Jay Worthy. They collaborated on the song, "Christmas Song", released on the Rough Trade bonus disc of her album, Visions. One of her brothers, Mac Boucher, was involved in the making of some of her music videos, such as "Go", "Realiti", "Flesh Without Blood/Life in the Vivid Dream", "Kill V. Maim" and "Venus Fly".
3. Boucher is a vegetarian for political reasons, and usually avoids dairy but says she will eat it on the road if nothing else is available because she "won't starve [her]self."
4. In 2014, Claire Boucher wrote a blog post expressing her aversion to hard drugs and regretting having lost friends to drugs and alcohol. "I don't want [hard drug use] to be part of my narrative," she said.
5. As a singer, Grimes is known for having a lisp; she stated that she "likes it", and has no desire to undergo speech therapy.
To be fair, here's 5 facts about Elon Musk
1. He made his first 100 million inventing PayPal with his brother, then selling the company to Ebay.
2. Musk, 46, has ben married twice. Musk met his first wife, Canadian author Justine Wilson, while both were students at Ontario's Queen's University. They married in 2000 and separated in 2008.
3. Their first son, Nevada Alexander Musk, died of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) at the age of 10 weeks. They later had five sons through in vitro fertilization – twins in 2004, followed by triplets in 2006. They share custody of all five sons.
4. In 2008, Musk began dating English actress Talulah Riley, and in 2010, the couple married. In January 2012, Musk announced that he had ended his four-year relationship with Riley, tweeting to Riley, "It was an amazing four years. I will love you forever. You will make someone very happy one day."
5. In July 2013, Musk and Riley remarried. In December 2014, Musk filed for a second divorce from Riley; however, the action was withdrawn. The media announced in March 2016 that divorce proceedings were again under way, this time with Riley filing for divorce from Musk. The divorce was finalized in late 2016.
6. The founder of rocket company SpaceX has said he wants to die on Mars.
Musk began dating American actress Amber Heard in 2016 but the two split up after one year due to their conflicting schedules.